As is true for any other sector, growth is important in telecom too, but an important part of the big picture is taking care of Regulatory Compliance and putting a framework that prevents and predicts fraudulent practices trying to exploit the Mobile Money aspect of the business.
Technology helps telcos in this endeavor and helps them to get on top of this issue from the very beginning.
When firms outsource cleaning, accounting, IT services, and web presence, they do it because it makes good financial and business sense to bring in the experts so that they can focus on what they do best. Similarly, Technogs is the provider of critical Fin-Tech strategies for compliance.
Our objective is to build on telco’s considerable strengths to ensure that they continue to thrive.
We can help to update your fraud management systems with new statistical modes, new rules, and tighter framework as additional services.
SOME TRENDS IN TELECOM FRAUDS
- Simboxing. It is really eating into the margins of the companies and country.
- Customer data leaks from telcos to an international organization (s) that may be adversarial to national security concerns.
- PRA to provide credits by telecom to inflate revenue both for interconnect and roaming.
Cybersecurity issues like sim-jacking and SS7 signaling loopholes that can be used for pumping traffic.
- Backdoor entry via chip level for the handset as well as telecom equipment.
- Crypto mining via handset jacking.
- API manipulation to hide information from the regulator.